Thursday, July 5, 2012

This is kinda hard...

It's been awhile since I posted, but we have gotten some more done! I'm quickly discovering that its kind of a lot of work to decide what we're going to do, how we're going to do it, find a day everyone can do it, and communicate all of that with everyone. Not to mention that when we all do finally get together, we rarely get things done quickly :) Nevertheless, I present you with five more things completed!





#31: Roll down a hill--completed! For my 18th birthday we flew kites at Mt. Trashmore and then went to The Royal Chocolate. Since we were at a gigantic hill, we decided it would be a perfect time to roll! It was a LOT of fun rolling (and we got really dizzy as you can tell in the last picture), but unfortunately all three of us and some sort of reaction to the grass. Jasmine and I both ended up really itchy, and Grace's arms turned red and burned. Despite the adverse reaction, I would definitely do this one again (although I might wear jeans and a jacket to avoid itchy/burning arms :))


The next day we decided to tackle three more bucket list items! 
 24. Memorize the handshake from the parent trap 
97. Have a tea party
99. Make cookies or brownies for someone 
(Warning: there are a lot of pictures below!)










Now that you've seen the pictures, I probably don't need to explain, but I will anyway.
We went on youtube to find the parent trap handshake. After staring at the real one several times, we watched some random girls tutorial video. This one went slower, and it was surprisingly easy to learn. We've all mastered it and would be happy to teach anyone who would like the to be (almost) as awesome as us :) 

We also looked up a random recipe for chocolate chip cookies on the internet and started baking! It was really hard for all four of us to fit in the kitchen (by the way, for these list items Jenny joined us), so Grace and Jenny mostly did this one. We did all try to cookie dough though! When they were done (after a few minor emergencies, burnt fingers, messed up cookies, and a mess) we took some over to our pastor's house. They just moved and have two kids, so we thought they would enjoy some cookies.

For our last thing that day we had a tea party! My cousin, Bethany, joined us and we did everything just like a proper tea party. We had little PB&J sandwiches, real tea, apple juice for when we got tired of tea, a real tea set, and of course stuffed animals for extra guests!

Finally the next day I heard a contest on the radio station KLove, that I decided to enter.

I chose this contest because it was easy, and I needed a contest! Therefore, #30. Enter a contest, is completed! 

Hopefully we'll get some more things done soon, but until then I recommend doing all of these bucket list items, they were definitely some of the most fun we've done so far, especially rolling down the hill!

Melody

No comments:

Post a Comment